Wednesday’s Work

I am a day late with this post so I will be brief. Yesterday, I actually did some work on Andre’s floor boards. I, for some reason, like stock floor boards and will go to great lengths to save them. Andre’s were not too bad but did have some rust through in places. I started by cutting out the rusty parts with my die grinder and cut away until I reached solid metal that I could weld to. The passenger side problem will be easy as the holes are small. The passenger side needed a 10 x 10 piece cut out and a new section formed. I have too options to choose from. I made a piece of 16 gauge with some beads rolled in the shape of the original floor and while at Frantic’s today he loaned my a Bradley floor pan to see it I could use it. The Bradley floor pan is a nice piece but I don’t need to cut up the pan for the small area I am repairing. The issue is… when I install a dual master cylinder using the CE bracket, the fill area is way to the rear of the stock hole. I will decide what to do tomorrow. I worked all afternoon on cleaning up the holes and getting ready to tack in the patches. I will sandblast the floor then weld fully. This will be done after the body comes off the frame. It has been a good two days.

I also went to Bob-O’s and watched him finish his dash in his pickup. Nice job!

Here are some photos.

Stay Tooned!

Lynn

[singlepic=3747]

Here is the patch I made for the front floor. I used 16 gauge for stiffness and rolled in three beads as the original floor had. I am not a sheet metal guy but with tools I could learn.

[singlepic=3748]

Here is the Paul Bradley pan I borrowed from Fred. I still may use this but hate to cut cup a good full pan for a patch.

[singlepic=3755]

Here is the floor pan on the passenger side after a little die grinder work. This is an easy fix with a TIG welder and some patience.

[singlepic=3756]

The drivers side will require a larger patch which is shown above. Careful tacking and going slow will make the patch look like Henry did it…right!

[singlepic=3752]

The dash is an integral part of the 40 pickup cab so dash must be welded into cab and finished with a light dab of the tan lead.

[singlepic=3753]

Bob O has installed a 40 passenger dash in his pickup. I think it looks much better than the stock dash. Scott does nice work.

[singlepic=3754]

A new Vintique 40 wheel adds to the Deluxe look of the cabin. Mexican blanket is first class. The dash will be black and the upholstery will be tuck and roll…a Bob O trademark.

Andre’s new dash

[singlepic=3757]

Andre has a new block plate where the radio hole was repaired. Looks and fits great. I had to hammer and dolly the opening to make it fit tight. Briarwood brown paint is next.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.